Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Financial Aid College Loans

For all of you teenagers out there, who have parents willing to pay your college tuition, take full advantage of this opportunity. If you don't you will kick yourself down the road. And for all of you straight A students out there, who have outstanding scholarships at your fingertips, take them and run. This is your chance to acquire a higher education without the burden of student loan payback. Something we all wish we could get rid of when college life is over with. As for the rest of us, we quickly discover just how expensive college is. We research financial aid college funding and grants that appear within our grasp. Anything that will get us through the next four years of academic overload.

I was one of the masses. What I would have given to have someone fund my entire college experience. And I really didn't even spend that much over the standard four year stretch. I avoided unnecessary material things and expensive dining. I even used my student ID for discounts whenever possible. Needless to say, I had to find financial aid college loans to make University life happen. I went with the Stafford loan, subsidized and unsubsidized. On top of that, I was able to achieve a state federal grant. This helped me a great deal. The grant alone paid for a fourth of my education. That's basically an entire year. If you are able to attain federal or state grants, I highly suggest you do so. This is the best financial aid college money simply because you don't have to pay any of it back later.

Many new students fail to do the research. Instead they make assumptions about financial aid college funding and grants that other students acquire. They assume the other students are receiving such benefits because they have a child or their grades are phenomenal. This may be the case at times, but not always. Some grants are achieved by writing essays or expressing effort in other ways. The best thing to do is scour the web for all federal and state grants pertaining to college education. See which ones apply to you and do your best to attain them. Once you graduate, you'll be glad you did.